Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Wed August 13, 2014
U.S. Military And Humanitarian Effort Continues In Iraq
Thousands of Yazidis remain stranded on a mountain top in northern Iraq, while Kurdish fighters below battle ISIS, or the Islamic State, which has taken over large parts of northern Iraq.
American planes have been conducting airstrikes, and planes from the U.S., Britain and other countries are dropping supplies. France today also said it would send arms to the Kurds.
NPR Pentagon correspondent Tom Bowman joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to discuss what the West’s strategy looks like going forward.