Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu June 26, 2014
U.S. Supreme Court: Abortion Clinic Buffer Zones Are Unconstitutional
In a decision that could have implications in New Hampshire, the Supreme Court on Thursday struck down a Massachusetts law that permits a 35-foot protest-free zone outside abortion clinics.
The justices were unanimous in ruling that extending a buffer zone 35 feet from clinic entrances violates the First Amendment rights of protesters.
New Hampshire lawmakers this year passed legislation to allow a 25-foot buffer zone outside clinics. Gov. Maggie Hassan signed the bill into law earlier this month, but it has yet to take effect.