Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Mon May 13, 2013
VIDEO: The National Center For Science Education Keeps Evolving
Last week Eugenie C. Scott announced that she plans to retire from her role as executive director of the National Center for Science Education (NCSE), an Oakland-based not-for-profit that supports education concerning evolution and climate science, especially in public schools. Scott has been a major figure in debates about evolution and creationism. She moved the NCSE decisively into climate science with the 2012 launch of a major initiative to "defend and support the teaching of climate change."
Here's a short video in which Scott explains some parallels between the rejection of evolution and the rejection of climate science:
Thanks for everything you've done, Eugenie!
You can keep up with more of what Tania Lombrozo is thinking on Twitter: @TaniaLombrozo