Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon November 12, 2012
VIDEO: Venice Floods, But It Doesn't Stop The Tourists
In a city so used to flooding, life doesn't stop when the water's knee-deep.
That's why the wires have been moving images of tourists still wading through Venice's picturesque streets. In one picture, a pair of tourists are seen receiving their order in a flooded restaurant.
Now, as the Washington Post's Capital Weather Gang reports, this is no ordinary flood, or acqua alta. Seventy-percent of central Venice is flooded and this is the "sixth-highest level since 1872 as strong winds funneled water up the Adriatic Sea."
This video from the Associated Press tells the story: