Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Wed January 25, 2012
Visualizing The State Of The Union Address (And The GOP Response)
The big story of the day is, of course, President Obama's State of the Union address last night. Since the speech wrapped, analysis from politicos, pundits, and wonks has been pretty much non-stop.
As a business and economy site, we're definitely interested in the overarching economic themes of the president's address–and the Republican response. But rather than add our voice to the massive chorus of national-level analysis, we thought we'd offer you a piece of brain candy instead. Using transcripts of the State of the Union address–and the opposition response–we've created a pair of word clouds that illustrate the key themes of each speech.
Feel free to compare, contrast, and comment to your collective heart's content. (Just click on each word cloud to see a larger version with more definition.)
President Obama's State Of The Union Address
Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels' GOP Response
And if you're interested in finding out how some of these key themes are playing out in New Hampshire, check out these links: