Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed January 25, 2012
Visualizing The State Of The Union Address (And The GOP Response)
The big story of the day is, of course, President Obama's State of the Union address last night. Since the speech wrapped, analysis from politicos, pundits, and wonks has been pretty much non-stop.
As a business and economy site, we're definitely interested in the overarching economic themes of the president's address–and the Republican response. But rather than add our voice to the massive chorus of national-level analysis, we thought we'd offer you a piece of brain candy instead. Using transcripts of the State of the Union address–and the opposition response–we've created a pair of word clouds that illustrate the key themes of each speech.
Feel free to compare, contrast, and comment to your collective heart's content. (Just click on each word cloud to see a larger version with more definition.)
President Obama's State Of The Union Address
Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels' GOP Response
And if you're interested in finding out how some of these key themes are playing out in New Hampshire, check out these links: