Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth - Segment
Mon December 5, 2011
The War on Christmas...trees.
The holiday season, we’re often reminded, is a time for people to come together…except, when it isn’t. This year’s ‘War on Christmas’ skirmish revolves around the Christmas tree. Tree growers planned a promotional campaign under the auspices of the department of agriculture and funded by an industry-wide fee. The campaign was scrapped after GOP lawmakers cried that the feds were looking to tax Christmas trees! Word of Mouth Producer Taylor Quimby spoke with Mary Clare- Jalonick, a reporter for who wrote about the Christmas tree-fee for the Associated Press.