Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed September 5, 2012
The War Within the War for Afghanistan
An inside look at the war in Afghanistan. Recently, an increasing number of American troops have died at the hands of their Afghan counterparts, raising questions about American efforts there. But these incidents don’t come as a surprise to award-winning Washington Post journalist Rajiv Chandrasekaran, who spent two years covering the war in Afghanistan. He's written a book on the conflict -- Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan. In it, he describes not just battles with Taliban and Al Quada, but sharp disagreements among allies -- including over where to fight, how to fight, and how to define victory.
Rajiv Chandrasekaran will be in New Hampshire on Thursday, Sept. 7, to speak before the World Affairs Council of New Hampshire. Visit www.wacnh.org to find out more about the event.