Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sun October 13, 2013
Warner Hosts Its Fall Foliage Festival With Record Number Of Oxen
Warner is in the midst of its 66th Fall Foliage Festival.
Sean Bohman is the President of the Warner Fall Foliage Festival. For him, the highlight event is its competitive oxen pull, where two yoked oxen negotiate an obstacle course.
“That’s gonna be huge. We’re anticipating between 40 and 50 pullers. We’ve never had that many. That’s a lot!”
For those counting, that’s about one hundred oxen.
Bohman is also excited about the woodsman contest.
“Splitting wood, axes, chainsaws. That’s a real popular thing. People love that.”
In addition to carnival rides and live bands, people attending the festival today can also catch a dance performance by the Granite State Cloggers.