Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sun October 13, 2013
Warner Hosts Its Fall Foliage Festival With Record Number Of Oxen
Warner is in the midst of its 66th Fall Foliage Festival.
Sean Bohman is the President of the Warner Fall Foliage Festival. For him, the highlight event is its competitive oxen pull, where two yoked oxen negotiate an obstacle course.
“That’s gonna be huge. We’re anticipating between 40 and 50 pullers. We’ve never had that many. That’s a lot!”
For those counting, that’s about one hundred oxen.
Bohman is also excited about the woodsman contest.
“Splitting wood, axes, chainsaws. That’s a real popular thing. People love that.”
In addition to carnival rides and live bands, people attending the festival today can also catch a dance performance by the Granite State Cloggers.