Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Mon May 5, 2014
WATCH: An Almost Unbelievable Backheel Goal By Ronaldo
Originally published on Mon May 5, 2014 11:22 am
We usually don't make much of European soccer. But on Sunday, Cristiano Ronaldo nailed such a spectacular goal against Valencia that we just had to show it to you.
"Cristiano Ronaldo was not facing the goal, the ball was waist high and he was basically screwed. Except he's a spider and a magician and every other doer of incredible things in the world put into one.
"That ball is not supposed to be hit into the net. It's an awkward cross that is not supposed to be hit into the net. It comes in behind him and it is not supposed to be hit in the net."
But with spectacular ease and grace, the ball did hit the net. Here's the video:
As the New England Sports Network reports, the goal gives Real Madrid a fighting chance at "winning the La Liga (Spain's first division) title."