Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sat June 22, 2013
Weekend Special: What If A Cricket Fan Had To Suddenly Announce A Baseball Game?
This isn't going to be sciencey. This is just total, happy craziness. Suppose you have never seen a baseball game. All you know is cricket, and somebody sticks you at a Yankee/Red Sox game and says, "Do the play by play. Now. You're on!" There's no time to prepare. You don't know the rules, the names or the positions. All you know are the rhythms of your beloved cricketeers, but these "NY" players, whatever they're doing, it's not quite cricket. So you try to describe what's going on. What might that sound like?
Well, in the nuttiest of all possible worlds, it might sound like this.
I especially loved, "caught by the chap in the pajamas with the glove that makes everything easier."