Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
This Weekend's Arts Scene
We start off the weekend with a critically acclaimed documentary that has no dialogue, narrative, or text. The film is Samsara, filmed over five years in twenty five different countries; it’s a combination of music and imagery full of life and culture from all over the world. The film will be playing Friday, January 25 at Dartmouth’s Spaulding Theater.
If our recent single digit cold snap has you missing the colors of summer, head over to the Lamont Gallery at Phillips Exeter Academy this weekend for the Pop Paradise Exhibition featuring works of three California artists, all known for their big, bright, and sometimes humorous paintings and prints.
Finally, if you’re up for a little dancing, head over to Fury’s Publick House in Dover on Saturday January 26th. Seacoast band, Watkintonsonics will play a set of its own brand of soul music.