Most Active Stories
Fri April 6, 2012
This Week's Essential StateImpact
By Amanda Loder
- Five Reasons Why Angel Investors (Think “Shark Tank”) Matter To The Economy: Our top post this week breaks down a new report from the University of New Hampshire explaining why this high-powered, super-secretive investment market is a key part of the national economy.
- What A Canadian Newspaper Reports About Hydro-Quebec (And Northern Pass): Normally, we break down what New Hampshire news outlets are reporting about this controversial project. Now, we get Hydro-Quebec’s perspective, courtesy of the Montreal Gazette.
- (Mega-Big Mega Millions Jackpot Aside) When It Comes To The Lotto, A Lot Of “Suckers” Live In New England: An in-depth look not only at Bloomberg’s “Sucker Index,” which rates states according to ticket sales and prize pay-outs, but at how much on average New Englanders spend on the lotto.
- Why The Mega Millions Jackpot Is Extra-Important For New Hampshire: One of our most popular series of posts is our look at how New Hampshire’s lottery is struggling in the face of competition from Massachusetts. So we re-posted in honor of the Mega Millions frenzy.
- Executive Council Mulls Massive Medicaid Contract: NHPR’s Dan Gorenstein breaks down the big questions surrounding the biggest contract in state history.
Copyright 2012 StateImpact New Hampshire. To see more, visit http://stateimpact.npr.org/new-hampshire/.