Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Thu September 6, 2012
We're Not Outta the Woods Yet, New Tick Virus Discovered
One more reason to slather on the bug spray, increasing concern over incidence of Lyme disease in recent years has kept New Hampshire residents on the lookout for ticks – but it turns out Lyme isn’t the only tick-borne pathogen in town. Here to tell us more about the recently discovered “Heartland Virus” is New York Times reporter Denise Grady.
Correction: During broadcast of this story, we referred to Lyme Disease as a virus when in actuality it is a bacterial infection.