Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue January 10, 2012
What if they threw a political party...
At 7:00 pm, about 250 reporters, photographers and engineers are staking positions in the ballroom of the Derryfield Country Club in Manchester. There are a dozen satellite and ENG trucks in the parking lot, several with licenses plates from other time zones. Inside, the Santorum staff continues to play with signs and adjust lights, hoping to the make this an event most memorable.
What's missing? The supporters.
Now..that doesn't mean that they've thrown a party that no one is coming to. It simply means that Santorum's boots on the ground are still working the polls. All of the communities around Manchester (Nashua being the notable exception) close at 7 pm.
Looks like the press will party alone for a while. There are still hands to shake in New Hampshire.