Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth
Tue July 31, 2012
What Makes a Great Science Teacher?
Produced with Phoebe Axtman and Zach Nugent
Mounting research has shown that the most important factor in a child’s successful education is not his or her socioeconomic status, class size, or even the design of the curriculum…. it’s the teacher. But teacher dropout rate is high and the highly talented teachers are too few, especially in Science and Math.
Pat Wingert is a longtime education reporter for Newsweek – her article, ‘Building a Better Science Teacher’ is based off research she compiled for Colombia University’s Spencer Fellowship, and can be found in the latest edition of Scientific American.