Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon September 9, 2013
White Mountains Crash Kills 2 London Tourists
Two tourists from London died and two others were injured when their van left the road and struck a tree after they were hiking in New Hampshire's Mount Washington Valley.
Bartlett police say 68-year-old Julyan Heazell and her 77-year-old husband, Robert Heazell, died from injuries suffered in the Sunday afternoon crash.
WMVW-Radio reports that the rental van was driven by Robert Heazell's brother — 62-year-old Garrett Heazell, also of London. Garrett Heazell and his 62-year-old wife, Pamela Heazell, are recovering from non-life-threatening injuries.
The two couples had been vacationing in the Mount Washington area for about three weeks and were returning to their hotel after hiking near Crawford Notch at the time of the crash.
Police say driver fatigue likely contributed to the crash.