Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon December 31, 2012
Who Knew? Fireworks Better In Winter
Many New Hampshire towns and cities usher in the new year tonight with fireworks displays. Turns out, winter is actually a great time of year for shows.
"The fireworks burn much cleaner. The colors are a bit brighter, because you don’t have the humid air," says Stephen Pelkey, CEO of Atlas Pyro Vision. "And it just makes for a wonderful backdrop."
The Jaffrey-based company is putting on 35 shows across New England tonight. Check local listings for events in your area.
For more interesting science about fireworks, check out this post from the Smithsonian.