Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Mon December 31, 2012
Who Knew? Fireworks Better In Winter
Many New Hampshire towns and cities usher in the new year tonight with fireworks displays. Turns out, winter is actually a great time of year for shows.
"The fireworks burn much cleaner. The colors are a bit brighter, because you don’t have the humid air," says Stephen Pelkey, CEO of Atlas Pyro Vision. "And it just makes for a wonderful backdrop."
The Jaffrey-based company is putting on 35 shows across New England tonight. Check local listings for events in your area.
For more interesting science about fireworks, check out this post from the Smithsonian.