Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Thu November 7, 2013
Whole Foods Announces Plans To Open Portsmouth Store
Whole Foods Market has announced it will open a store in downtown Portsmouth. The store will be about 40,000 square feet, and will employ approximately 175 team members.
“We are excited to be reaching residents of coastal New Hampshire with this location in Portsmouth,” Laura Derba said in a press release Wednesday. Derba is president of Whole Foods Market’s North Atlantic region. “We have been receiving requests for a Portsmouth store for many years, and we are pleased to be able to open and serve this vibrant community.”
The Whole Foods Market is projected to open in Portsmouth in 2019.