Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu November 7, 2013
Whole Foods Announces Plans To Open Portsmouth Store
Whole Foods Market has announced it will open a store in downtown Portsmouth. The store will be about 40,000 square feet, and will employ approximately 175 team members.
“We are excited to be reaching residents of coastal New Hampshire with this location in Portsmouth,” Laura Derba said in a press release Wednesday. Derba is president of Whole Foods Market’s North Atlantic region. “We have been receiving requests for a Portsmouth store for many years, and we are pleased to be able to open and serve this vibrant community.”
The Whole Foods Market is projected to open in Portsmouth in 2019.