Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Here's What's Awesome
Thu April 21, 2011
A Wide-Mouth Slam Can of Pull Tabs Fuels This Little Car
Nutritionists will tell you soda isn't the most efficient fuel for your body, but the pull tabs may be useful fuel for cars. The new dAlH2Orean H2 (catchy name, by the way) uses soda pull tabs as part of a chemical reaction to create hydrogen fuel.
At this point the car is... a little small for most drivers. But it's intended as a demonstration, a first step in seeing if waste metal can be a fuel source for cars. The next source? potato chip cans, for all those hungry peeps who like to slam a stack and then drive around. [Greenlaunches]
As always, we invite you to fill our comments to the brim with awesome links.