Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Mon March 12, 2012
For tens of thousands of years, humans relied on animals to sustain life: their skins kept us warm, their oils provided fuel. But the 7-billion of us stomping the earth today? Our relationship with the creatures around us is vastly different. Around the globe, species big and small remain under intense threat of extinction. A new book, ‘Wildlife Heroes’ tells the story of forty leading conservationists who are fighting behind the scenes to save these animals.
Jeff Flocken is the head of US policy for the International Fund for Animal Welfare. He co-authored ‘Wildlife Heroes’ with Julie Scardina.