Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu August 2, 2012
Will You Marry Me? Wait, Where Are You?
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A man from Great Falls, Montana made all the right moves. He took his girlfriend to a Cubs game in Chicago. He arranged to flash a message on the stadium's giant screen: Erica, will you marry me? But bear in mind the Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. When the message came up on the screen, Erica was away in the beer line. When she returned, he just had to face her and ask the old fashioned way, and she said yes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.