Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu July 17, 2014
Winchester Deals With Washed-Out Roads From Storm
Officials in the town of Winchester are dealing with at least 12 washed out roads and others that were temporarily unpassable as a result of Tuesday's storm.
Some residents were evacuated and others were temporarily stranded due to the road conditions. The roads were passable Thursday as town officials work with the state to assess damage.
Chris Hope, a highway patrol foreman with the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, told the Brattleboro Reformer the intersection of Route 119 and Purcell Road was under a foot of surging water when a brook and beaver pond failed.