Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sun December 15, 2013
Wintry Weather Continues Sunday
A storm that dropped around a foot of snow across much of northern New England overnight continues to move through the region.
The National Weather Service says snow will be heavy at times through Sunday morning before gradually ending in the afternoon. Between 10 and 14 inches already have fallen in many areas of Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire, with the lowest amounts along the Connecticut River Valley.
Forecasters say the snow could mix with sleet before the storm winds down.
The storm arrives as three more ski areas in Vermont and six more in Maine are opening.