Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri May 11, 2012
Wis. Justices Deadlocked Over Headlock
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm
Justices on the Wisconsin Supreme Court are deadlocked over or whether to discipline one of their own. The state Judicial Council has accused one of them of violating the ethics code by putting one of his colleagues in a chokehold during an argument over a controversial ruling. But all the justices watched it happen so how can they be impartial judges in the matter? One justice has already recused herself. The aggressor and the victim can't sit on the case. If one more Justice does that, then there can't be a quorum.