Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri May 11, 2012
Wis. Justices Deadlocked Over Headlock
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm
Justices on the Wisconsin Supreme Court are deadlocked over or whether to discipline one of their own. The state Judicial Council has accused one of them of violating the ethics code by putting one of his colleagues in a chokehold during an argument over a controversial ruling. But all the justices watched it happen so how can they be impartial judges in the matter? One justice has already recused herself. The aggressor and the victim can't sit on the case. If one more Justice does that, then there can't be a quorum.