Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Tue October 1, 2013
Woman Involved In Car Chase, Police Shooting Dies
Authorities say a woman who'd been involved in an apparent police chase on Interstate 93 has died after later being shot by a state trooper in Manchester.
Television station WMUR reports the shooting happened shortly after 6:30 p.m. Monday when the woman tried to ram a state police trooper and the trooper opened fire. No officers were injured.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin confirmed the woman's death.
Before the shooting, the woman had led police on a chase on I-93 in Manchester. Witnesses say state police cruisers and unmarked vehicles were chasing her and that she was speeding in the breakdown lane.
The shooting is being investigated.