Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Word of Mouth
Sat August 31, 2013
Word Of Mouth 08.31.13
The Saturday show bring you a spectacular mix of the best of Word of Mouth. On this week's show:
- Abolishing tips: usually, the debate around gratuity revolves around whether to leave 15 or 20 %.... Head of the Sustainable Restaurant Project at the University of Guelph , Bruce McAdams, is in favor of getting rid of tips altogether.
- Balloon Brigade: the career aptitude test video game. A new startup designs mobile games that could help match fresh grads with job opportunities.
- The science behind the buzz: journalist and science writer Joseph Stromberg explains caffeine addiction.
- Pirate Joe's: Vancouver grocer Michael Hallat buys hundreds of thousands of dollars of dry goods from Trader Joe's in the United States, then sells them at a markup over the border. We'll hear about his legal battle with the popular German grocery chain.
- NASA's super-gun: how scientists are researching meteorite impacts using a really, really, big gun.
- Hollywood's animal-fails: biologist Marlene Zuk argues that movies are making egregious errors when it comes to representing our animal kingdom.