Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Fri September 27, 2013
Word Of Mouth 09.28.13
We like to think of the Word of Mouth Saturday show as a convenient, one-hour public radio field trip. So pack a special picnic lunch and grab a buddy, here's what's on the itinerary this week:
- Bill Maher Love him or hate him, it really doesn't matter, Bill Maher is a great interview.
- Field Trips Jay Phillip Greene explains his recent study on the power of the school field trip. Turns out they have real and powerful educational value.
- Stalking Birds of Prey Jack Rodolico found a flock of fourth graders on a field trip with their eyes on the sky.
- Video Games and War If the future of warfare looks a lot like a video game to you, you're not alone. Corey Mead is Assistant Professor of English at CUNY’s Baruch College, and author of War Play: Video Games and the Future of Armed Conflict and he joins us to talk about how the U.S. Army's new video game has worked itself into the classroom.
- The Long Shot Derek Mead and Brian Anderson talk about their new documentary for Motherboard about a rifle that aims for you--with sharp shooter accuracy.