Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Fri November 1, 2013
Word Of Mouth 11.02.13
Listening to Word of Mouth's Saturday broadcast is like sitting around a campfire and chatting with a bunch of super-smart, super-interesting people. So go sharpen a stick, grab your bag of marshmallows and pull up a log - here's what's coming up this hour:
- The Science of Superstition: Psychologist Stuart Vyse explains the collective power of the Red Sox beards.
- MORE COWBELL!!! From Strauss to Def Leppard, writer Lori Rotenberk traces the musical history of the cowbell.
- A Grimm Cinderella Story: Author Adam Gidwitz shares the original gruesome version of the classic fairy tale, and explains why Disney has done the Brothers Grimm a disservice.
- #NoFilter: Brian Ries, social media guru for The Daily Beast, on how a growing number of private dealers are legally selling guns on Instagram.
- WHEN JELLYFISH ATTACK! They're clogging nuclear reactors, capsizing ships, wiping out fish populations, and causing cerebral hemorrhages... So basically, jellyfish are scarier than sharks. There, I said it. Quartz reporter Gwynn Guilford explains.