Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth
Fri November 1, 2013
Word Of Mouth 11.02.13
Listening to Word of Mouth's Saturday broadcast is like sitting around a campfire and chatting with a bunch of super-smart, super-interesting people. So go sharpen a stick, grab your bag of marshmallows and pull up a log - here's what's coming up this hour:
- The Science of Superstition: Psychologist Stuart Vyse explains the collective power of the Red Sox beards.
- MORE COWBELL!!! From Strauss to Def Leppard, writer Lori Rotenberk traces the musical history of the cowbell.
- A Grimm Cinderella Story: Author Adam Gidwitz shares the original gruesome version of the classic fairy tale, and explains why Disney has done the Brothers Grimm a disservice.
- #NoFilter: Brian Ries, social media guru for The Daily Beast, on how a growing number of private dealers are legally selling guns on Instagram.
- WHEN JELLYFISH ATTACK! They're clogging nuclear reactors, capsizing ships, wiping out fish populations, and causing cerebral hemorrhages... So basically, jellyfish are scarier than sharks. There, I said it. Quartz reporter Gwynn Guilford explains.