Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Event - May 23, 2012
Tue February 14, 2012
Writers on a New England Stage: Anna Quindlen
May 23, 2012
7:30 pm | The Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH
Anna Quindlen joins NHPR's Virginia Prescott for Writers on a New England Stage. Anna Quindlen is a novelist and journalist whose work has appeared on fiction, nonfiction and self-help bestseller lists. The #1 New York Times bestselling author, Pulitzer Prize winner and author of A Short Guide to a Happy Life gives us a candid, funny book exploring what really matters to women - marriage, girlfriends, kids, your mother, faith, possessions, solitude, and more. Her book A Short Guide to a Happy Life has sold more than a million copies. While a columnist at the New York Times she won the Pulitzer Prize and published two collections,Living Out Loud and Thinking Out Loud. Her Newsweek columns were collected in Loud and Clear. She is the author of six novels, Object Lessons, One True Thing, Black and Blue, Blessings, Rise and Shine, and Every Last One.
Each literary evening features an author presentation followed by an onstage interview with Virginia Prescott, host of New Hampshire Public Radio’s Word of Mouth. Live music performed by the award-winning house band Dreadnaught.