Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Event - May 23, 2012
Tue February 14, 2012
Writers on a New England Stage: Anna Quindlen
May 23, 2012
7:30 pm | The Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH
Anna Quindlen joins NHPR's Virginia Prescott for Writers on a New England Stage. Anna Quindlen is a novelist and journalist whose work has appeared on fiction, nonfiction and self-help bestseller lists. The #1 New York Times bestselling author, Pulitzer Prize winner and author of A Short Guide to a Happy Life gives us a candid, funny book exploring what really matters to women - marriage, girlfriends, kids, your mother, faith, possessions, solitude, and more. Her book A Short Guide to a Happy Life has sold more than a million copies. While a columnist at the New York Times she won the Pulitzer Prize and published two collections,Living Out Loud and Thinking Out Loud. Her Newsweek columns were collected in Loud and Clear. She is the author of six novels, Object Lessons, One True Thing, Black and Blue, Blessings, Rise and Shine, and Every Last One.
Each literary evening features an author presentation followed by an onstage interview with Virginia Prescott, host of New Hampshire Public Radio’s Word of Mouth. Live music performed by the award-winning house band Dreadnaught.