Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Here's What's Awesome
Wed May 11, 2011
Yelling May Not Be Polite, But Politeness Won't Charge Your Cellphone
Does that "low battery" message from your cellphone just make you want to scream? You can put that to use now, because researchers in South Korea say they've figured out how to charge batteries through voice waves. Cause the problem with cell phones was that people didn't talk loudly enough on them.
That said, yelling-as-power source holds a lot of promise, given all the screaming in a) Coen Brothers movies, b) old Sam Kinison routines and c) the Stella Shout-Out at the annual Tennessee Williams Festival in New Orleans:
As always, we invite you to share an awesome link in the comments. Just don't scream, ok? My ears hurt.