Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Here's What's Awesome
Wed May 11, 2011
Yelling May Not Be Polite, But Politeness Won't Charge Your Cellphone
Does that "low battery" message from your cellphone just make you want to scream? You can put that to use now, because researchers in South Korea say they've figured out how to charge batteries through voice waves. Cause the problem with cell phones was that people didn't talk loudly enough on them.
That said, yelling-as-power source holds a lot of promise, given all the screaming in a) Coen Brothers movies, b) old Sam Kinison routines and c) the Stella Shout-Out at the annual Tennessee Williams Festival in New Orleans:
As always, we invite you to share an awesome link in the comments. Just don't scream, ok? My ears hurt.