Abigail Hernandez

NH News
3:24 pm
Thu September 4, 2014

Evidence Hearing Postponed In Case Against Alleged Hernandez Kidnapper

Nathaniel Kibby
Credit NH Attorney General

Evidence against a New Hampshire man charged with kidnapping a 14-year-old girl last October won't be aired in court next week.

Prosecutors and lawyers representing 34-year-old Nathanial Kibby agreed to postpone a hearing on the evidence against him for 60 days.

Kibby was scheduled to appear in court Sept. 9.

Read more
NH News
9:31 am
Wed August 13, 2014

Hernandez Says She Suffered 'Acts Of Unspeakable Violence' During Kidnapping

Credit Conway Police Department

 

Abigail Hernandez is asking for privacy and "time and space" to heal according to a brief statement issued on Tuesday by one of her attorneys, Michael L. Coyne. 

While few details have emerged since the North Conway teenager returned home on July 20th after a 9 month absence, the statement does finally clarify the nature of her ordeal: "Abby was violently abducted by a stranger.  For many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence."

Read more
NH News
5:05 pm
Wed August 6, 2014

No Decision On Evidence In Abigail Hernandez Kidnapping Case

Credit NH Attorney General

 

A judge is putting off ruling on whether to move evidence including the house of a man charged with kidnapping a 14-year-old girl who returned home after nine months.

Nathaniel Kibby is charged with kidnapping Abigail Hernandez Oct. 9, as she walked home from high school. She returned home two weeks ago.

Defense attorney Jesse Friedman says the 34-year-old Kibby maintains his innocence and that moving his trailer home and a storage unit would prevent him from determining what people saw or heard on the property.

Read more
NH News
10:39 am
Wed August 6, 2014

Hearing Set For Man Charged In Abigail Hernandez Kidnapping

Credit NH Attorney General

 

A judge will hear arguments over preservation of evidence in the case of a man accused of kidnapping a New Hampshire girl last October.

Nathaniel Kibby's lawyer says he needs all the evidence preserved, including Kibby's trailer home and a storage unit, because he has so little information on why his client was arrested. The 34-year-old Kibby was charged last month with snatching 14-year-old Abigail Hernandez as she walked home from high school.

Abigail, now 15, returned home last month.

Read more
NH News
2:00 pm
Tue July 29, 2014

Bail Set At $1 Million For Gorham Man Charged In Hernandez Kidnapping

Nathaniel Kibby
Credit NH Attorney General

A judge set bail at $1 million cash for a Gorham man charged with kidnapping North Conway teen Abigail Hernandez and authorities are continuing to investigate the case.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young says they have no other suspects currently but more information may come to light in the weeks to come.

“As you are all aware, searches are ongoing right now at Mr. Kibby’s residence. If there is additional evidence that other crimes have been committed, those charges will be brought.”

Read more
NH News
3:46 pm
Mon July 28, 2014

Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez

Nathanial Kibby
Credit NH Attorney General

Investigators say they’ve arrested a 34-year-old Gorham man in connection with the disappearance of North Conway teen Abigail Hernandez.

The Attorney General’s office said Monday that Nathaniel Kibby was arrested earlier in the day at his home and charged with one count of felony kidnapping.

He’s accused of kidnapping Hernandez on Oct. 9 of last year and confining her "with a purpose to commit an offense against her."

Hernandez returned home last week, after she went missing for nine months.

Read more
NH News
11:53 am
Mon July 28, 2014

Mother Of Abigail Hernandez Speaks Out About Daughter's Disappearance

Zenya Hernandez
Credit NBC

 

The mother of a 15-year-old North Conway girl reunited with her family nine months after she vanished says rumors that she was pregnant aren't true.

Investigators have been trying to find out how and why Abigail Hernandez disappeared and who may have helped conceal her. She returned home July 20.

Read more
NH News
5:22 pm
Thu July 24, 2014

Officials Release Sketch Related To Abigail Hernandez Disappearance

Law enforcement officials are asking the public for help in identifying a man who may be tied to the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez.

Law enforcement officials are asking the public for help in identifying a man who may be tied to the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez.  Authorities released a sketch today of a man Hernandez says drove her away from Conway in a navy blue pick-up truck in October of 2013.  She describes the man as having darkish skin with dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair, and someone who was slightly overweight and around five-foot-four-inches tall.

Read more
NH News
3:16 pm
Mon July 21, 2014

Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation

Credit Courtesy images

Updated Tuesday at 4:48 PM   

State and local authorities are asking for the public’s help as they investigate the disappearance and reappearance of 15 year old Abigail Hernandez.

Yesterday Attorney General Joe Foster announced that Hernandez had been safely reunited with her family, nine months after she went missing after leaving Kennett High School in Conway. 

Read more
NH News
11:19 am
Fri December 6, 2013

FBI: Missing Conway Teen Wrote Letter To Mother After Disappearance

This photo of Abigail Hernandez has been widely circulated after her disappearance on October 9th.
Credit Courtesy image

A 15-year old Conway, New Hampshire girl who went missing October 9 has been in contact with her family. 

Investigators say Abigail Hernandez wrote a letter to her mother on October 22, two weeks after her disappearance. It was postmarked the 23rd, but didn’t arrive until November 6.

FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey says officials have confirmed its authenticity.

"When we received this letter, I will tell you it was unprecedented we have not seen anything like that in recent time in other investigations, but most importantly it gave us hope," says Ramsey.

Read more
NH News
11:10 am
Sun November 24, 2013

Police: Get Pics of Abigail Hernandez Out Before Thanksgiving

Credit Sean Hurley / NHPR

 As Thanksgiving approaches, North Conway police are asking people to post more photos of 15-year old Abigail Hernandez throughout New England.  She’s been missing for more than six weeks--since shortly before Columbus Day.  Police say Thanksgiving is important because some people visiting the area when she disappeared could return for the holiday. 

In a news conference Friday, Abigail’s mother, Zenya Hernandez, read from a statement.

Read more
North Country
6:00 am
Mon October 28, 2013

Lighting The Way For Abigail Hernandez

Firefighter Brian Ames and his family
Sean Hurley

Abigail Hernandez has now been missing for 19 days.  Although thousands of acres have been combed and hundreds of tips have been followed, both the FBI and local police still don't know what happened between 3 and 4 in the afternoon on October 9th when Abby disappeared.  Despite this, the Hernandez family and the local community remain hopeful. On Saturday night nearly 500 people attended a flashlight vigil in Schouler Park in downtown North Conway meant to light the way home for Abby.  Sean Hurley was there and has this report. 

Read more