Triple E

Health
4:31 pm
Fri August 15, 2014

Triple E Detected For First Time This Year In N.H.

Credit James Jordan / Flickr CC

Eastern Equine Encephalitis, also known as triple E, has been detected for the first time this year in New Hampshire. The Department of Health and Human Services found the disease, which can be fatal to humans, in a batch of mosquitos from Londonderry.

Eleven humans have contracted the disease in New Hampshire since 2005, though there have been no recorded cases since 2009.

Abigail Mathewson State Public Health Veternarian says the discovery marks the beginning of mosquito-borne illness season.

Read more
NH News
4:42 pm
Thu September 20, 2012

Triple E Virus Threatens N.H.

Gamma Man Flickr/Creative Commons

State health officials announced today that three animals have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis. 

Along with two emus in Fitzwilliam and a horse in Derry, a man in northeastern Massachusetts has also tested positive for the mosquito-borne virus. Officials are warning residents of Seabrook, South Hampton and Newton to be on alert.

Jose Montero is the state’s Director of Public Health.

Read more