Long live "Live Free or Die." Written by Revolutionary War Gen. John Stark in 1809 and adopted as the state motto in 1945, the phrase won praise from then-candidate Donald Trump just before the 2016 presidential primary. "What a great slogan," Trump said in a Facebook video. "Congratulations, New Hampshire. Wonderful job." To Trump, the motto stood for everything from free enterprise and border security to "taking care of our vets." Based on this session's debate, some New Hampshire...
- Re-Discovered Tapes Detail Memories of New England Holocaust Survivors
- Facing Rider Fury, Steamship Authority To Undergo Top-To-Bottom Audit
- Sandy Hook Families Push To Hold Gun Maker Accountable In Court
- Free Speech Or A Threat? Vermont Supreme Court Decision Highlights Continuing Tension
- As Hartford Becomes Home, Puerto Rican Evacuees Take A Trip To Mark Twain House