Most Active Stories
Who is the NHPR Audience?
The Public Radio audience is set apart by its high degree of educational and professional attainment.
Age. The median age of the Public Radio listener is 50. NHPR is particularly popular with Baby Boomers. People between the ages of 45 to 64 listen to Public Radio at rates exceeding the national benchmark. 57% of listeners are between the ages of 25 to 54.*
Gender. The NHPR audience has a slightly greater concentration of men than women. The gender composition is 55% men and 45% women.*
Education. The NHPR audience is well-educated. 63% of Public Radio listeners have a bachelor’s degree compared to only 25% of the U.S. population. Also they are three times more likely than the average citizen to have a graduate degree.*
Income. Public Radio households tend to be more affluent as a result of their educational attainment. The median household income of the Public Radio listener is approximately $85,400 compared to the national average of about $57,700.*
Technology. 94% of Public Radio listeners own a computer at home. More than two out of three use the computer more than once a day – a rate that is 57% higher than the national average. Public Radio listeners are more likely to participate in almost every kind of online activity, from communicating with friends and family to purchasing goods and services.*
*(source: Mediamark Research Inc. Doublebase 2009)
Compared to the average New Hampshire adult, NHPR listeners are:
- 125% more likely to be planning to take college courses in the next 12 months
- 102% more likely to have used a travel agent in the past year
- 69% more likely to have an advanced degree
- 64% more likely to be a Community Opinion Leader
- 60% more likely to have liquid assets of $250,000+
- 59% more likely to work in the professional or technical fields
- 52% more likely to have voted as an independent in the past year
- 51% more likely to have attended the theatre, opera or symphony
- 46% more likely to have purchased 12+ books in the past year
- 34% more likely to be a home owner with annual income of $100,000+
(source: The Media Audit, Southern NH, Feb-March 2010)
For a Media Kit and to learn more about marketing your business on NHPR, email Jim McCann, or call 603-223-2470.