The discussion areas of the NHPR Web site (the "NHPR Comment Service") are places where we encourage discussion and debate on the issues we cover and other program topics. Users must be polite to fellow users, and follow a few simple rules:
1. You may not post any messages or materials anonymously or under a false name or a false email address.
2. While we do not seek to limit expression of ideas, certain materials and language will not be tolerated. You may not post or upload any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law or that constitutes hate speech.
3. You may only post materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that any uploaded or included materials will be owned by you or in the public domain.
4. The discussions can only be used for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
5. You may not post or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the discussions to distribute chain letters, mass mailings or "spam" or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending "spam" to other users of the service.
6. You hereby grant NHPR a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display in all media, whether or not now known, any material posted by you on the NHPR Comment Service.
7. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not eligible to participate in the discussions.
8. You are solely responsible for any content posted using your account. NHPR is not responsible for any materials posted by others on the NHPR Comment Service. However, NHPR has the right (but not the obligation) to delete, edit or move any material that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules of the NHPR Comment Service or which it otherwise, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable.
9. NHPR is not responsible or liable for any materials posted on the NHPR Comment Service. NHPR cannot verify the accuracy of statements that users place on the NHPR Comment Service, and does not guarantee that any material has been posted with the permission of the copyright or proprietary owner or is otherwise in compliance with the Rules of the NHPR Comment Service.
10. By using the NHPR Comment Service, you agree to abide by these rules. You acknowledge that NHPR has the right to delete, edit or move material that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules of the NHPR Comment Service or which it otherwise, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable. You further acknowledge that NHPR has the right to limit or terminate access to the NHPR Comment Service for any reason, including violation of these Rules of the NHPR Comment Service.