Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Kate’s public radio career started at Keene State College as a volunteer DJ with the University’s student run station, WKNH, where she hosted a Sunday afternoon folk music program, Fiddlesticks for six years. In 1986 after graduating, Kate was offered a position with WKNE in Keene where she worked her way to become production coordinator, copywriter, full-time program director and morning drive personality for AM 1290. When WKNE-AM became an automated station, Kate moved on to work for WKXE and WRSI as well as nonprofit work. In 1995, Kate was asked to host The Folk Show on New Hampshire Public Radio. In addition to her studio work, Kate emcees festivals and concerts throughout the Northeast. Kate works full-time at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene as Coordinator of the Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco-Free Communities and teaches radio broadcasting at Keene State College as an adjunct faculty member of the Communications Department.