Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Tue February 4, 2014
2.4.14: Ancient Emotion, Graham Cracker, Netflix Documentaries, And Doug Elkins
Guess what. (What?!). You got the better of Monday. Reward yourself with a healthy dose of Word of Mouth. Today, we're looking at mental illness in our ancient ancestors, the prudish beginnings of the graham cracker (minus the chocolate and marshmallow), Netflix documentaries, and the choreography of Doug Elkins. Dance your heart out, relax with Netflix, and replenish with a s'more. Just steer clear of the ancient hallucination-inducing furies. Listen to the full show and scroll down for more on each segment.
Mental Disorders in the Ancient World
Adee Braun wrote an article about Sylvester Graham in The Atlantic. The inventor of the graham cracker had some radical ideas about diet and sexual urges.
25 Best Netflix Documentaries
What happens when Shakespeare’s Othello, the sound of Motown, and modern dance combine? An electrifying performance the New York Times calls “one of the most compelling dance creations of this century" choreographed by Doug Elkins. He is performing Hapless Bizarre at Keene State College tonight at 7:30.
Arts & Culture