Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Fri February 7, 2014
2.8.14: Poison, Reptiles, Five Billion Years Of Solitude & Girl Model
The Word of Mouth Saturday broadcast is your shining beacon of awesome at the end of a snowy week. Whether you're wearing headphones under your winter hat or you're listening in a snow-covered car, we have the segments that delight and enlighten. You may even forget we have six more weeks of winter! Listen to the full show, and scroll down for links and more.
Power of Poison
- Mark Siddall the curator of "The Power of Poison," an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History in New York, talks about snakes and other creepy crawlies that will make your skin crawl. How has poison played a role in pop culture? Find out a few ways here.
- Producer Taylor Quimby brings us a report filled with cold-blooded reptiles and the warm blooded mammals that love them. Pictures and more from his trip can be found here.
Five Billion Years of Solitude
- In his Washington Post review of Lee Billings book, Five Billion Years of Solitude, astronomer Mike Brown compressed the age of the earth into a human lifetime:
In just the past two weeks,” he wrote, “primates came down from the trees and learned to navigate among the planets, in the past few minutes, they figured out that the stars in the sky are suns like our own. Ten seconds ago, they realized that those suns have planets around them. And within the next minute, it seems likely that they will discover the first evidence of life on those planets in the sky.
- Lee Billings joined Virginia Prescott to talk about the fate of our planet.
- Girl Model, a documentary feature by David Redmon and Ashley Sabin, follows the journey of girls scouted by Noah Models, Russia’s largest model scouting agency. The journey is marked by deceit and exploitation. Watch it now on Netflix.
Word of Mouth