Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Word of Mouth
Wed March 26, 2014
3.26.14: Novelist Ismael Beah & The Economics Of Satisfaction Guaranteed
L.L. Bean, The North Face, Nordstrom and Land’s End all sell apparel, but they have another thing in common: they guarantee their merchandise for life. But is that really a shrewd business move? Today on Word of Mouth, the pros and cons of the lifetime guarantee. Plus, Producer Zach Nugent interviews a few people who have tested that policy, and talks to one company’s PR rep about the fine print of their policy.
Also today, child-soldier-turned novelist Ishmael Beah talks about rebuilding lives, communities, and trust after a brutal war.
Listen to the full show and click Read more for individual segments.
Ismael Beah - Radiance of Tomorrow
- Former child soldier and author of A Long Way Gone, Ismael Beah joins us to talk about the effects of war and his new novel, Radiance of Tomorrow.
Virginia Prescott: Listening Beneath the Noise
- Virginia talks about her lifelong pursuit of careful listening. You can see Virginia's talk, live, at the Next Stage in Putney, Vermont on March 31st at 7:00pm.
The Economics Behind Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Most retail return policies have a healthy dose of fine print, but a few brands will always take back their products, no questions asked. From a business perspective, does it make sense? Robert Klara is an author and staff writer for Adweek where he wrote about "15 Purchases That May Outlive You." He also has a list of the brands that offer Lifetime Guarantees.
What's Your Policy On Returning Items ?
- Producer Zach Nugent asked a few people about their experience returning items and even talked to a renowned New England brand about their Satisfaction Guaranteed policy.
Word of Mouth