Most Active Stories
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- With New Home, 3S Artspace Hopes To Be Hub For Arts, Food In Portsmouth
- The Winter Caretaker Of Star Island
- Citing Lack Of Support, Broderick Steps Down From UNH Law Post
- The Uncommon Core: Bruce Springsteen's Theologies
Tue July 1, 2014
880,000 Visitors Expected In N.H. For Holiday Weekend
An organization that studies New Hampshire tourism says an estimated 880,000 out-of-state visitors are expected for the July 4th holiday weekend and they are expected to spend about $131 million.
The forecasts from the Institute for New Hampshire Studies are higher than last year's predictions. The period covers July 3-July 7.
Most of the visitors will be from New England and the Middle Atlantic States. Canadians are anticipated to be visiting New Hampshire at higher levels than last year.