Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed January 25, 2012
Addressing the State of the Union Address
On Tuesday night President Obama will be making his third State of the Union address to Congress and the American public. He has progress to announce, the death of Osama bin Laden as well as the ending of war in Iraq but the economy is still stagnant with only little improvements and he'll need to be able to explain that. The day after the address, we'll listen back to segments of it, see what he said, what he focused on and how the content and tone of his speech may play out to Americans listening, especially in an election year.
- Wayne Lesperance - Professor of Political Science and director for the Center for Civic Engagement at New England College.
- Peter Josephson - Associate Professor of Politics at Saint Anselm College and co-author with his colleague Ward Holder of the forthcoming book, The Irony of Barack Obama: Barack Obama, Reinhold Niebuhr, and the Problem of Christian Statecraft.