Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Wed November 13, 2013
After Delay, Health Law Grant Awarded To Concord Firm
A Concord-based PR firm is getting $1.9 million to launch a statewide media campaign promoting the federal health law.
Louis Karno & Company says it will use the money to create a website with New Hampshire-specific information on the Affordable Care Act by December, and then begin a broader media push including television and radio ads meant to educate consumers.
The New Hampshire Health Plan awarded the federal funds. Executive Director Mike Degnan says information on this health law is greatly needed.
“We’ve got approximately 155,000 uninsured here in New Hampshire, plus other individuals who need to know about what the opportunities are with the new marketplace,” says Degnan. “We want to educate folks about what some of the options are out there for them.”
Degnan says despite the law’s rocky start, he sees health reform as a long-term project.
Distributing the funds has also been something of a marathon. GOP lawmakers originally blocked the grant earlier this year.
The NH Health Plan then needed a second round of applications before making its choice.