Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Thu July 19, 2012
The Amazing Outhouse Race
In a town of fewer than four thousand, tucked in a valley in Western Vermont, the fourth of July means one thing – an outhouse race. Yes, that kind of outhouse. The Bristol Great Outhouse Race is an eccentric village tradition that has been held for the last 34 years… and it draws quite a crowd. Sarah Reynolds has the story.
Photos by Lauren Ober
Check out this video of the race: