Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
Word of Mouth
Thu July 19, 2012
The Amazing Outhouse Race
In a town of fewer than four thousand, tucked in a valley in Western Vermont, the fourth of July means one thing – an outhouse race. Yes, that kind of outhouse. The Bristol Great Outhouse Race is an eccentric village tradition that has been held for the last 34 years… and it draws quite a crowd. Sarah Reynolds has the story.
Photos by Lauren Ober
Check out this video of the race: