Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri September 7, 2012
Animal Collective On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon October 15, 2012 12:35 pm
The members of the inventive, experimental rock band Animal Collective first met in school in Baltimore County, Md. After collaborating throughout high school and college, they released their debut album as a group, Here Comes the Indian, in 2003. More studio albums followed, including the 2009 breakout Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Animal Collective just released Centipede Hz on Sept. 4. Here, the band performs two of its songs live — as well as the previously unreleased "Crimson" — and discusses the experience of writing the record.
This segment originally aired on September 7, 2012.