Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Thu January 23, 2014
Another Look At The Death Penalty
The legislature is again considering a repeal of the state’s capital punishment statute. While supporters say that their cause has gained momentum over recent years, others argue that the death penalty still plays an important role in state’s justice system.
- Arnie Alpert - New Hampshire Director for the American Friends Service Committee and a member of the Board of the NH Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
- Nick Willard – Assistant Chief for the Manchester Police Department, which opposes a repeal to the death penalty in New Hampshire
- Renny Cushing – Democratic representative from Hampton and executive director of Murder Victims' Families For Human Rights. He sponsored the bill to repeal the death penalty.
- John Reagan – Republican senator from Deerfield. He opposes a repeal of the death penalty.