Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Wed March 6, 2013
Another Wind Farm Eyes The Lakes Region
A group that opposes wind development in New Hampshire says another wind farm is in the works for New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Members of New Hampshire Wind Watch say that a subsidiary of a German company, called Juwi Wind, has signed a lease for 1,300 acres of land Groton, for the purpose of building a wind farm.
If all of the proposed wind projects for area were built, this would be the fourth wind farm for the area around Newfound Lake. Groton already hosts one 24 turbine wind farm, operated by Spanish Renewable developer, Iberdrola Renewables, and there are two more that have been proposed in the towns of Grafton, Danbury, Alexandria and Groton.
The lease is between Auke-Jewell LLC – the land-owner – based in Nashua, and Alpine Ridge Wind Farm LLC – the subsidiary of Juwi Wind. The land is on a ridge called Jewell Hill, which runs parallel to the existing Iberdrola wind farm in Groton. Representatives of Juwi Wind did not immediately respond to requests for comment.