Most Active Stories
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- With New Home, 3S Artspace Hopes To Be Hub For Arts, Food In Portsmouth
- The Winter Caretaker Of Star Island
- Citing Lack Of Support, Broderick Steps Down From UNH Law Post
- The Uncommon Core: Bruce Springsteen's Theologies
Word of Mouth
Tue July 17, 2012
Are you really my friend??
Produced with Zach Nugent
With Facebook, making friends is as easy as a click of the mouse. This simplicity can make for an interesting and sometimes complicated group of people. Some you know, some you’ve never met in your life, and some people you used to know, but aren’t talking to. These "friends" prompted Tanja Hollander, a fine art photographer based out of Portland, Maine, to create a project called “Are You Really My Friend?” Tanja decided to visit all her Facebook friends around the world at their homes, and photograph them, whether they were on talking terms or not.
Now she is going global: