Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Sat May 25, 2013
Authorities Investigate Mother, Son Killed In Belmont
Authorities say a man and a woman whose bodies were discovered in a central New Hampshire home were those of a 39-year-old man and his mother, who were chopped to death.
The victims were identified as 59-year-old Priscilla Carter and her son, Timothy. Their deaths were ruled homicides.
Authorities say police responded to the Carter's single-family home in Belmont on Friday and found the two bodies inside. Autopsies were performed Saturday.
The medical examiner's office determined Priscilla Carter's cause of death was multiple chop wounds and blunt force injuries, while Timothy Carter's cause of death was multiple chop wounds. The office did not say what kind of weapon was used.
The killings remain under investigation. No arrests have been made.
Belmont is a small city of 7,000 residents about 25 miles north of Concord.