Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri December 14, 2012
Ayotte: John Kerry Has Experience To Be Secretary of State
During a visit to Pittsburg Friday for a town meeting, Sen. Kelly Ayotte said she thought fellow Senator John Kerry has the experience to be the next Secretary of State.
Earlier this week, U-N Ambassador Susan Rice withdrew her name from consideration after criticism over her response to the attack on the Libyan embassy.
Ayotte had been highly critical of Rice.
“But I have great respect for John Kerry as chairman of the foreign relations committee. There is no question that he has substantial experience in foreign affairs,” Ayotte said after the formal, town meeting ended.
Kerry is a Democrat from Massachusetts.
About 150 people attended the meeting at which Ayotte also said the nation’s deficit was created by Democrats and Republicans and both sides need to cooperate to solve it.
A small group of protesters said they were worried about cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
Ayotte also said she was against raising taxes on those making more than $250,000 a year, insisting it would hurt small businesses.
Several protesters disputed that.
Pittsburg has just over 800 residents and is at the northern end of the North Country.