Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Wed October 23, 2013
Ayotte Says Northern Pass Should Pay To Have Lines Buried
Despite a modified route for the Northern Pass Project Sen. Kelly Ayotte says she still has “serious reservations” about the plan and the lines along the entire route should be buried.
“I am still very concerned about the impact on the beauty on the North Country and many other areas of the state,” she told NHPR following a Town Hall meeting Wednesday in Whitefield.
Ayotte says it would be best to bury all the transmission lines, not just an eight-mile section in Northern Coos County.
“I know there have been other projects around the country that have been buried and if they could bury the lines here that would be the most appropriate thing to do,” she said.
Northern Pass should just accept the extra cost, she said.
“They wouldn’t be doing this project if they weren’t obviously thinking they could make money,” she said.
Northern Pass officials have said burying the entire 180 miles is impractical and too expensive, although they have declined to provide a detailed analysis.